Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by David Starina <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 19:26:48 UTC

Cannot start Ignite

This is a followup on my previous mail about installation of Bigtop with
Ignite. As Cos figured out, Ignite is trying to install some weird
dependancies. I could not install it on CentOS 7, so I tried CentOS 6.6. It
seemed to install all the dependancies there, but still got an error about
Ignite service not being recognized:

*/sbin/service ignite-hadoop-service start' returned 1:
ignite-hadoop-service: unrecognized service*
So I checked and, while "ignite-hadoop-service" doesn't exist as a service,
"ignite-hadoop" does.
However, trying to start it, I get another error:

*# service ignite-hadoop start/etc/init.d/ignite-hadoop: line 37: .:
/etc/default/: is a directorybash: --config: command not foundFailed to
start . Return value: 3                          [FAILED]*
So this is where I am stuck now ... Have you guys installed Ignite
successfully?

--David

Re: Cannot start Ignite

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Looks like something went horribly wrong with this package indeed. You're
right with your analysis on the default line - the component name is gone
missing there.

BIGTOP-2165 seems to have something to do with it, but I haven't done anything
to fix it - basically I couldn't reproduce it and closed the JIRA as such. I
know I've promised to look into this issue but am still distracted with
dayjob, unfortunately. Will try to space a few moments during the weekend.

Thanks for the investigation!
  Cos

Re: Cannot start Ignite

Posted by David Starina <da...@gmail.com>.