Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Chang Lim <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 17:23:30 UTC

HQL function Rollup and Cube

Has anyone been able to use Hive 0.13 ROLLUP and CUBE functions in Spark
1.3's Hive Context?  According to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2663, this has been resolved in
Spark 1.3.

I created an in-memory temp table (t) and tried to execute a ROLLUP(and
CUBE) function:

     select a, b, count(*) from t group by a, b with rollup

Got the error that "with rollup" is an invalid function.  Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Chang

Re: HQL function Rollup and Cube

Posted by Chang Lim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it works for me.  Make sure the Spark machine can access the hive
machine.

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.

Posted by Chang Lim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Clarification on how the HQL was invoked:

  hiveContext.sql("select a, b, count(*) from t group by a, b with rollup")

Thanks,
Chang