Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/16 17:10:26 UTC

InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Hi,

Inputsuggestajax doesn't seem to be working with client side saving anymore.

Does anyone know why?

Regards,

Cagatay

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Right,

I pinged martin already on FacesIO when he changed the client side params.

On 11/16/06, Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gerald,
>
> I've checked out FacesIO and it uses old client side params like jsf_state
> to restore whereas 1.1.5 core uses javax.faces.ViewState.
>
> But having replacing old params with the new param doesn't change anything.
>
> Yes, it seems like dojo. Isn't the dojo version we use 0.4?
>
> Cagatay
>

> On 11/16/06, Gerald Müllan < bierbrauen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Cagatay,
> >
> > there is the approach of FacesIO, which intercepts between
> > communication on the client and handles the client side state saving
> > issue.
> >
> > I have not tested it the last weeks, but it seems that the latest dojo
> > migration (upgrade to 0.3.1) has broken this.
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Gerald
> >
> > On 11/16/06, Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Inputsuggestajax doesn't seem to be working with client side saving
> anymore.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know why?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Cagatay
> > >

> > --
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF powerhouse -
> > JSF Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Sylvain Vieujot schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for that.
> I did the test for Firefox, and it worked well.
> Before the upgrade, all the pages with a dojo component looked blank :
>
> I use linux and have no IE, but I asked Cagatay to test it under
> windows, and he didn't report me any problem.
> Can you give me the link to the bug crashing IE6 ?
> Maybe we can put the bugfix in MyFaces before dojo 0.4.1 is released.

http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/1830

Hi Sylvain, I doubt you can fix that one on the myfaces side, besides
that I doubt it will occur another time, no one in the dojo list has
reported something similar, it just was serious enough for me not to
upgrade to dojo 0.4.

Anyway, thanks to some problems occurring after the update we were able
to nail down a minor bug in the resource loader, so something good has
come out of it as well.

;-)

Anyway I will bring my own components to the 0.4 level the next days (it
is mostly a few api changes in the effects and a serious rewrite of the
fisheye which I already have covered to a certain degree), and I will
recommend it to anyone else, please check your components
for api breaches.

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
or use the list for discussions.
much easier than having troubles and getting things working again ...

:)

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Sylvain Vieujot schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for that.
> I did the test for Firefox, and it worked well.
> Before the upgrade, all the pages with a dojo component looked blank :

Btw. I almost forgot, I posted a result already on the mailinglist  or
jira (cannot remember) regarding this 0.3.1 bug, this is a bug due to
dojo triggering an swf load. Hence the browser looks for an installed
flash plugin and on certain linux configurations this is switched off,
dojo refuses to load and then you get this result.

I tracked down this bug a while ago in a parallels linux
testinstallation and firefox prompted me to load the swf plugin
afterwards the page worked.

Just to have this issue covered ;-)

The referenced SWF file is a big issue for me, I want to have this out
but I have not had time to look deeper into this issue. I assume it has
something to do with another transport layer or svg...

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
It's been Sylvain who's been doing the upgrade.

Please, Sylvain, get yourself an IE6 to test with before you do an
important upgrade like this - and go through the sandbox components...

regards,

Martin

On 11/17/06, Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> wrote:
> Werner Punz schrieb:
> > Gerald Müllan schrieb:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> well, the dojo guys changed from version 0.3.1 to 0.4 not that long
> >> time ago but we are still using 0.3.1. We agreed to only migrate to a
> >> more recent version until some time has come
> >> (For about 1-2 months).
> >>
> > The 0.4.0 upgrade wont happen, there are some issues which were
> > triggered on one of my testsite, which I had migrated to dojo 0.4 which
> > caused
> > the ie to crash it is more likely that i will target 0.4.1 directly.
> > (The bug has been reported)
> >

> Ok Gerald just notified me, that the upgrade was done about a week ago
> by someone else, so it seems we are on 0.4, that explains a few issues i
> had with custom components, which i was aware of of having to change
> them before the upgrade (in one case I did the work upfront and
> committed it to the dojo people).
>
> Anyway, it is done now, I am not going to revert it unless there
> are serious issues (mainly the ie problem I had in my case).
>
> But please next time before doing something major like this,
> open a discussion, I am doing some work behind the scenes, mainly
> testing, before getting ready to upgrade. This 0.4 upgrade could cause
> some troubles for some users having to rely on IE6.

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Gerald Müllan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> well, the dojo guys changed from version 0.3.1 to 0.4 not that long
> time ago but we are still using 0.3.1. We agreed to only migrate to a
> more recent version until some time has come
> (For about 1-2 months).

The 0.4.0 upgrade wont happen, there are some issues which were
triggered on one of my testsite, which I had migrated to dojo 0.4 which
caused
the ie to crash it is more likely that i will target 0.4.1 directly.
(The bug has been reported)

This is one of the reasons why I postpone the dojo upgrade for 1-2
months once a stable comes out, this gives enough time upfront for those
issues to be tested.

I would love to have dojo 0.4 even for the dyamic data table alone but
as things are now, I cannot upgrade yet.

http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/1830

basically this issue is preventing me from upgrading tomahawk!

(target both links with the ie6, the javascript error in one of them is
not the cause, even without it the renderer of the ie6 crashes)

Re: InputSuggestAjax with client side state saving

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

well, the dojo guys changed from version 0.3.1 to 0.4 not that long
time ago but we are still using 0.3.1. We agreed to only migrate to a
more recent version until some time has come
(For about 1-2 months).

I can also have a look into it, but i can not start before the coming weekend.

Please give some feedback if you make any progress,

cheers,

Gerald

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerald,