Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Barry Han <hu...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 08:33:49 UTC

Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Hi Kylin Team,
I would like to use SSAS to call Kylin cube.

*Is it possible?*
<http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/n8148/a.png>

Thanks
Barry Han

Re: Is it possible to integrate Kylin and MS SSAS?

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Microsoft AD is one LDAP implementation.
Kylin support LDAP very well, please check this:

http://kylin.apache.org/docs20/howto/howto_ldap_and_sso.html

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I’m going to quibble with your facts. SQL Server Analysis Services has always had a “ROLAP mode”, where it gets its results using SQL. Microsoft doesn’t go out of its way to tell people, but it works fine against non-Microsoft databases. For example, you can get it working on Oracle[1]. So, in principle at least, it could speak to Kylin as a SQL data source.

Now, whether Kylin wants to go out of its way to support the SQL that SSAS generates… that’s not a technical question, it’s more of a question of business priorities.

Julian

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa548609(v=ax.10).aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa548609(v=ax.10).aspx>

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Barry,

From this article
<https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertutorial/2000/sql-server-analysis-services-ssas-tutorial/>,
SSAS is an OLAP engine that runs over SQL server, which is similar as Kylin
runs over Hive/Hadoop. Both SSAS and Kylin support using PowerBI/Excel as
the visualization tool. So there should be no chance to "use SSAS to call
Kylin cube". If you want to use PowerBI/Excel, you can directly call Kylin
cube with Kylin's ODBC driver.

Hope it helps.

> Hi Kylin Team,
> I would like to use SSAS to call Kylin cube.
>
> *Is it possible?*
> <http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/file/n8148/a.png>
>

> Thanks
> Barry Han