Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Young <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/30 00:07:57 UTC

Problem on Set Access Controls

Hi All

  I tried to set access controls on SVN.

  I changed svnserve.conf file:

  [general]
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd
# authz-db = authz
realm = My First Repository

  I added a user to passwd file:

  [users]
jam = jampasswd

  But I still can read details from svn repository using web browser, and using subCllipse. What wrong with my setting? Maybe I didn't set "realm" correctly. What should "My First Repository" stand for?

  Thanks

  Jam

---------------------------------

Re: Problem on Set Access Controls

Posted by "T. Wassermann" <ma...@tobias-wassermann.de>.
> I changed svnserve.conf file:
> [general]
> anon-access = none
> auth-access = write
> password-db = passwd
> # authz-db = authz
> realm = My First Repository

> But I still can read details from svn repository using web browser, and
> using subCllipse. What wrong with my setting? Maybe I didn't set "realm"
> correctly. What should "My First Repository" stand for?

Hi Jam,

the webbrowser gets the repository over DAV and Apache - this is not
served by svnserve. So, if you'll set up access rights for DAV-Users
(this are *all* users, accessing your repository by a http- or
https-URL), you have to set up apache authentication. This problem maps
to your subClipse too if you're not using a url like svn://abc/repos/test

See also
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authn

Best Regards

Tobias