Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "sumit.tripathi" <su...@e-zest.net> on 2007/07/05 15:18:54 UTC

Portlet Caching

Hello,

Ok here is the scenario. I have a portlet say P1 which has processAction()
and doView() methods. When I call P1 from a remote machine and submit data,
then P1's processAction() gets called followed by the doView(). But then in
future P1's doView() is never called after processAction() gets called when
data submits.Looks like caching occurs and once P1 is cached then doView()
is not being called. But the same scenario never occurs from the local
machine where portal is hosted, but this only occurs from a different
machine where portal is not running.
 I  have  used <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache> but it does not solve
the problem.I am using Jetspeed 2.0 .

Thanks.

Re: Portlet Caching

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jul 5, 2007, at 6:18 AM, sumit.tripathi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ok here is the scenario. I have a portlet say P1 which has
> processAction()
> and doView() methods. When I call P1 from a remote machine and
> submit data,
> then P1's processAction() gets called followed by the doView(). But
> then in
> future P1's doView() is never called after processAction() gets
> called when
> data submits.Looks like caching occurs and once P1 is cached then
> doView()
> is not being called. But the same scenario never occurs from the local
> machine where portal is hosted, but this only occurs from a different
> machine where portal is not running.
>  I  have  used <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache> but it does
> not solve
> the problem.I am using Jetspeed 2.0 .

We do not support caching on 2.0, so that cannot be the problem.
Portlet caching was introduced in version 2.1, so with 2.0 setting
the expiration-cache has no effect

I have heard this problem before where processAction gets called and
then the doView is not called,
it usually means some kind of error is occuring in the processAction
that Jetspeed cannot recover from
Did you see anything in the log files?