Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by jo...@us.ibm.com on 2001/12/18 17:23:16 UTC

Xerces 2.0.0 beta 4 causes Xalan to glitch

When run with the "oldXerces" xerces.jar file from beta 4, Xalan fails its
smoketest. The conformance tests are OK, but 5 of the API tests are having
trouble:
     SystemIdImpInclTest
     SAXResultAPITest
     SAXSourceAPITest
     StreamResultAPITest
     TestXPathAPI
We pass these tests with Xerces1. We don't pass with Xerces2 beta 2 or 3.

I haven't yet analyzed these in detail, and since I've got vacation time
that I have to "use or lose" I'm unlikely to do so before January. But
someone ought to do so, to determine whether the problem is in Xalan not
using Xerces2 correctly or Xerces2 not responding correctly.