Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wfaler <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 13:51:34 UTC

Wicket Submit button removes validation feedback

Hi,
I have a form which uses a custom form-level validator that checks for
uniqueness of an object.
When the submit-button of the form was just a plain html button with no
wicket-id, it worked perfectly, but when I changed the button to a Wicket
Button (to be able to change the label/display value of the button
programmatically), I no longer get any validation feedback from the unique
validator.

I am using the WicketTester class for this, and I have tried both
"form.submit()" and "form.submit("submitButton")" in my unit-test, to no
avail. I can see in the debug output that the validator is actually run, but
no feedback is given.

Is there something that I missing? It seems strange that making an html
button into a Wicket Button would just remove the FeedbackPanel's feedback
from validation.

Regards
Wille

Re: Wicket Submit button removes validation feedback

Posted by wfaler <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Fixed the problem. For anyone who comes across the same problem:
It was actually a bug in Wicket-1.3-beta3, it fixed itself when I upgraded
to Wicket-1.3-beta4