Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2003/10/24 15:45:48 UTC

soap:header and soap:headerfault

Greetings,

The soap:header definition in WSDL shouldn't be mandatory? I want to fix
it in my web service in a specific operation. But, I made a post without
that header and the web service worked just fine. So, what is the
purpose of the soap:header?

About the soap:headerfault, axis is giving an error on web service
generation:

"
[axis-wsdl2java] java.io.IOException: No symbol table entry found for
message
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}NGINProAuthorizationServiceException
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.FaultInfo.<init>(FaultInfo.java:118)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.fillInBi
ndingInfo(SymbolTable.java:1856)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate
Bindings(SymbolTable.java:1785)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate
(SymbolTable.java:577)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(Symb
olTable.java:421)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate
(SymbolTable.java:408)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate
(SymbolTable.java:393)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Pars
er.java:245)
[axis-wsdl2java]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
"

I put below a small portion of my WSDL. The sop:headerfault is
commented. The error when is commented out is:

"
[snip]

    <message name="NGINProSIDHeader">
        <part name="sid" type="xsd:string"/>
    </message>

    <message name="NGINProAuthorizationServiceException">
        <part name="fault" type="xsd:string"/>
    </message>

[snip]

    <binding name="NGINProBinding" type="tns:NGINProPort">

        <operation name="callService">
            <input>
            <soap:header message="NGINProSIDHeader" part="sid"
                use="encoded"

namespace="http://www.ptinovacao.pt/nginpro/interfaces/wsdl">
                <!--<soap:headerfault
                message="NGINProAuthorizationServiceException"
                part="fault" use="encoded"

namespace="http://www.ptinovacao.pt/nginpro/interfaces/wsdl"/>-->
            </soap:header>
            <soap:body

                use="encoded"

namespace="http://www.ptinovacao.pt/nginpro/interfaces/wsdl"/>
            </input>
            <output>
            <soap:body

                use="encoded"

namespace="http://www.ptinovacao.pt/nginpro/interfaces/wsdl"/>
            </output>
            <fault name="NGINProServiceException">
                <soap:fault

                use="encoded"

namespace="http://www.ptinovacao.pt/nginpro/interfaces/wsdl"
                />
            </fault>

            <soap:operation soapAction="callService"/>
        </operation>

    <soap:binding
        transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
        style="rpc"/>