Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/10 05:24:03 UTC

analysing wild carded terms

hello *, quick question, what would i have to change in the query
parser to allow wildcarded terms to go through text analysis?

RE: analysing wild carded terms

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Joe,

See this recent thread from a user with a very similar issue:

http://old.nabble.com/No-wildcards-with-solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory--td24162104.html

In the above thread, Mark Miller mentions that Lucene's AnalyzingQueryParser should do the trick, but would need to be integrated into Solr.

Down at the bottom of the thread, the original poster has a patch file implementing Solr integration that he says worked for him.

Steve
sorry, what i meant to say is apply text analysis to the part of the
query that is wildcarded, for example if a term with latin1 diacritics
is wildcarded ide still like to run it through ISOLatin1Filter

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.