Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com> on 2013/11/08 20:53:01 UTC

Scoring in user_prefs

I would like to add a score in user_prefs based on the To header (I have an email that collects several email addresses and I want to add some spamishness indicators).

Does the user_prefs understand the same syntax as the local.cf file? And what would be the best way to say:

If the to field is user@example.com add 1.0 top the spam score

header __TO_EXAMPLE To =~ /user\@example.com/
score  __TO_EXAMPLE 1.0

?

--
It was intended that when Newspeak had been adopted once and for all and
Oldspeak forgotten, a heretical thought...should be literally

Re: Scoring in user_prefs

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 08 Nov 2013, at 13:42 , Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca> wrote:

> man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and scroll down to the "RULE DEFINITIONS
> AND PRIVILEGED SETTINGS" section.

Oh, well, crap. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

OK, time to come up with another way of doing this...
ZZ

er.. right.

--
"What if your DOPE was on fire?"
"Impossible, sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Re: Scoring in user_prefs

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 08 Nov 2013, at 13:42 , Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca> wrote:

> If you want to put full rules in user_prefs files, you'll need to set
> allow_user_rules in the main configuration.
>
> man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and scroll down to the "RULE DEFINITIONS
> AND PRIVILEGED SETTINGS" section.

Thank you!

--
It wasn't that her [Susan's] parents didn't believe in such things. They
didn't need to believe in them. They knew they existed. They just wished

Re: Scoring in user_prefs

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
LuKreme wrote:

> I would like to add a score in user_prefs based on the To header (I have an email that collects several email addresses and I want to add some spamishness indicators).
>
> Does the user_prefs understand the same syntax as the local.cf file? And what would be the best way to say:
>
> If the to field is user@example.com add 1.0 top the spam score
>
> header __TO_EXAMPLE To =~ /user\@example.com/
> score  __TO_EXAMPLE 1.0

If you want to put full rules in user_prefs files, you'll need to set
allow_user_rules in the main configuration.

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and scroll down to the "RULE DEFINITIONS
AND PRIVILEGED SETTINGS" section.

-kgd