Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/29 00:31:42 UTC

Adding pages and assests in Lenya - Newbie question?

I installed Lenya 2.0 and created a new publication which enabled me to add
the homepage.  Now I want to be able to add additional pages besides the
homepage.  How do I go about doing that on Lenya 2.0 on Jetty.  Also what
exactly qualifies as an asset in Lenya.  I could add an image (jpeg) as an
asset, but not a pdf document or and xls file.  Why is that so.  Any inputs
will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Monisha

Re: Adding pages and assests in Lenya - Newbie question?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Monisha,

MShah schrieb:
> Yes I mean new resource types.  Please let me know how to go about adding
> them.

here's the reference documentation on resource types:

http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/reference/resource-types.html

And here's a tutorial how to get started:

http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/tutorials/newResourceType/newResourceTypePart1.html

HTH,

-- Andreas

> Thanks,
>
> Monisha
>

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> MShah schrieb:
>>> I installed Lenya 2.0 and created a new publication which enabled me to
>>> add
>>> the homepage.  Now I want to be able to add additional pages besides the
>>> homepage.
>> What exactly do you mean? Creating new pages should be possible via the
>> "File" menu.
>>
>> Or do you mean adding new page types (resource types)?
>>
>>> How do I go about doing that on Lenya 2.0 on Jetty.  Also what
>>> exactly qualifies as an asset in Lenya.  I could add an image (jpeg) as
>>> an
>>> asset, but not a pdf document or and xls file.  Why is that so.  Any
>>> inputs
>>> will be much appreciated.
>> That's strange. Was there a particular error message for the PDF and XLS
>> files? I just tried to upload a PDF in the current trunk, it worked
>> without problems. I'm not sure about 2.0, though.
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>

>> --
>> Andreas Hartmann, CTO
>> BeCompany GmbH
>> http://www.becompany.ch
>> Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH
http://www.becompany.ch
Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01

Re: Adding pages and assests in Lenya - Newbie question?

Posted by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Andreas.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Just installed in and went thru the documentation and after which pretty much
worked hands on Lenya.

Can someone please answer the following:

Posted by Raj <ra...@gmail.com>.