Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com> on 2010/03/15 10:13:47 UTC

Trashbin is not recycled

Hi.

Our disks are getting full and I have found that it is the trashbin that is
getting full.

I've tried
dfs -expunge but it does not clean the /user/hadoop/.Trash

I have lowered the fs.trash.interval on the namenode and restarted it.
<property>
  <name>fs.trash.interval</name>
  <value>1440</value>
  <description>Number of minutes between trash checkpoints.
  If zero, the trash feature is disabled.
  </description>
</property>

Ideas ? We use hadoop-0.18.3

Cheers

//Marcus Herou

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/

Re: Trashbin is not recycled

Posted by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com>.
Thanks

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Rekha Joshi <re...@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:

> ..dfs -rmr -skipTrash /user/hadoop/.Trash
> recreates .Trash, on consecutive rmr...-skipTrash can be used generally if
> you don't want a backup of deletes, here only to illustrate..
>
> On 3/15/10 2:43 PM, "Marcus Herou" <ma...@tailsweep.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Our disks are getting full and I have found that it is the trashbin that is
> getting full.
>
> I've tried
> dfs -expunge but it does not clean the /user/hadoop/.Trash
>
> I have lowered the fs.trash.interval on the namenode and restarted it.
> <property>
>  <name>fs.trash.interval</name>
>  <value>1440</value>
>  <description>Number of minutes between trash checkpoints.
>  If zero, the trash feature is disabled.
>  </description>
> </property>
>
> Ideas ? We use hadoop-0.18.3
>
> Cheers
>
> //Marcus Herou
>

> --
> Marcus Herou CTO and co-founder Tailsweep AB
> +46702561312
> marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
> http://www.tailsweep.com/

+46702561312