Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "alberto.illobre.30@gmail.com" <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/22 09:08:21 UTC

Error at the end of the ofbiz 13 tutorial, in Creating Custom Decorator section

Hi,
I'm a student and I've just started to test ofbiz. I was following the tutorial and it worked perfectly until the last step: Creating Custom Decorator. I just copy-pasted the code on the web and when I start ofbiz I get an error on PreBody.ftl file:
FreeMarker template error: The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> titleProperty [in template "component://ofbizdemo/webapp/ofbizdemo/includes/PreBody.ftl"
There is a link to the full error I get in case you need it: https://pastebin.com/nsVQL4Yv
Thanks for the help,
Alberto.

Re: Error at the end of the ofbiz 13 tutorial, in Creating Custom Decorator section

Posted by "alberto.illobre.30@gmail.com" <al...@gmail.com>.

On 2017-11-22 10:39, Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
> As stated by you at OFBIZ-9995
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9995> you are using an older
> release 13.01. As you are starting it off you can start with the latest
> stable release 16.11.01 https://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html.
> Here is the link <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/KA4jB> to the
> tutorial for 16.11 you can refer to. You can also refer to OFBiz
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/ofbiz>YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/ofbiz> Channel or Vimeo
> <https://vimeo.com/user2598348/videos/sort:alphabetic>.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:38 PM, alberto.illobre.30@gmail.com <
> alberto.illobre.30@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm a student and I've just started to test ofbiz. I was following the
> > tutorial and it worked perfectly until the last step: Creating Custom
> > Decorator. I just copy-pasted the code on the web and when I start ofbiz I
> > get an error on PreBody.ftl file:
> > FreeMarker template error: The following has evaluated to null or missing:
> > ==> titleProperty [in template "component://ofbizdemo/webapp/
> > ofbizdemo/includes/PreBody.ftl"
> > There is a link to the full error I get in case you need it:
> > https://pastebin.com/nsVQL4Yv
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Alberto.
> >
> Hi,
I tried to use the latest release but i didn't manage to install it. I tried it on Windows 10 and after doing the step: gradlew cleanAll loadDefault or gradlew cleanAll loadAll (don't remember which right now), I was getting errors. Next time I try I'll let you know what the error was.

Re: Error at the end of the ofbiz 13 tutorial, in Creating Custom Decorator section

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Alberto,