Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by AlanLattimore <al...@DeskRocket.net> on 2007/03/10 15:28:43 UTC

Ship to Another

I drop ship computer parts for some of my better customers.

When I use the "Ship to Another" feature in Order Entry, I:
1) Enter the party ID. (Party ID has a contact with type shipping address.)
2) Select a Shipping Address using radio button.

when I click on "Continue" button, I receive the message:
"The Following Errors Occurred:

    * Please enter a shipping address."

Suspect I am missing either a role or a relationship but I have been unable
to find related documentation.

TIA,
Alan

Re: [2] Ship to Another

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Alan,

If I'm not wrong, the "ship to another" field is part of an older
implementation of drop shipments; I've never used it so I can't confirm.
However there is now in OFBiz a new drop-ship feature that is pretty
complete and I'd suggest you to try with it:

1) in the catalog application, edit the product you want to drop ship:
Product->Suppliers: select your supplier record and set the flag "can
drop ship" to Y

2) create a SALES order for your customer and, during order checkout, in
the page where you select the ship to address of your customer, select
the supplier (that will do the drop ship) using the select box

3) when you'll create the sales order, the system will automatically
create a purchase order (and will associate the two, you will see the
link between order items in the order detail screen)

There is more but I think that for now it's enough

Jacopo

Re: [2] Ship to Another

Posted by AlanLattimore <al...@DeskRocket.net>.
Logs show: