Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by howard chen <ho...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/07 10:28:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Chunked encoding like Yahoo!

Hello,

When viewing Yahoo! main page, it is encoded as "compressed/chunked",
I know how to use mod_gzip to enable to compression, but how to use
"chunked encoding"? (In fact, what is the advangage?)

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Chunked encoding like Yahoo!

Posted by howard chen <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 4:28 AM, howard chen <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's only an advantage when you don't know the length ahead of
> time, or your processing it in such a way that the length will change.
>  When it's needed, it will just happen.

Because currently I am using php to flush and chunked encoding can be
done, but don't know if possible for Apache to handle this
automatically.

Re: [users@httpd] Chunked encoding like Yahoo!

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--