Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/08/09 12:30:56 UTC

Discussions on dev?

Hi folks,

today I was going through the emails in the issues@ list as I was sort of missing any form of technical discussion on this list.
It turned out all were simple git commit notifications.

So where and how are technical discussions done in the StreamPipes project?

Would be cool if it was possible to see what the community is currently working on by following the list.

If this discussion is being done, please ignore my comment ;-)

Chris

Re: Discussions on dev?

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

from my point of view, there are two major features the community is currently working on:

* Migration of some older AngularJS UI modules to Angular to simplify future UI improvements (see discussions on [1], [2] and others), which was a major effort since the last release
* The implementation of the new Python Wrapper [3]

There are other extensions that are currently being discussed on the list, such as adding time windows to the SDK and improving the documentation, but I'd say we are close to doing a new release.

We added the Github integration for Jira some time ago, which makes the issues@ list rather verbose - so you get a lot of emails (maybe too many?) for a single commit, but most of them refer to relatively few issues and as far as I can see, all non-minor issues are also being discussed on the list.

If you need more info on things we're currently doing, we'll be happy to help ;-)

Dominik

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r832062ed13f151af8a3f2f6be0f3a88acde0b151bf6390528848a920%40%3Cdev.streampipes.apache.org%3E
[2]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re78316fda6ee5cb64e6d2a61c94f515dc8ecb1cf6537dc48f7d5e205%40%3Cdev.streampipes.apache.org%3E
[3]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r189a72b08aec3ca028f9d7be4e5db784793379056bf437703c8dd7bc%40%3Cdev.streampipes.apache.org%3E