Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2002/08/09 02:13:07 UTC

Re: Release >1.1

"Turadg Aleahmad" <tu...@aleahmad.net> writes:

> Hello.
>
> There was a bug in SimpleXmlRpcClient that caused an AccessControlException.
> It was using the Base64 decoder in sun.misc.  On March 7 "jon" checked
> revision 1.2 into the CVS that modified it to use Apache decoder.
>
> But the latest builds are from March 6.  Can you build a 1.1.1 release and
> put up the JARs for download?  I'm sure that I'm not the only one running
> into this problem.

I'll see about doing a 1.2 release in the next couple weeks.  In the
mean time, CVS compiles just fine using Ant.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Release >1.1

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 20:13, Daniel Rall wrote:
> > "Turadg Aleahmad" <tu...@aleahmad.net> writes:
> >
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > There was a bug in SimpleXmlRpcClient that caused an AccessControlException.
> > > It was using the Base64 decoder in sun.misc.  On March 7 "jon" checked
> > > revision 1.2 into the CVS that modified it to use Apache decoder.
> > >
> > > But the latest builds are from March 6.  Can you build a 1.1.1 release and
> > > put up the JARs for download?  I'm sure that I'm not the only one running
> > > into this problem.
> >
> > I'll see about doing a 1.2 release in the next couple weeks.  In the
> > mean time, CVS compiles just fine using Ant.
>
> Could you get the build to work with maven? I would like to cut the
> release using Maven. The b5 should be out Real Soon Now(tm).

Compilation works, but one of the JUnit tests, ClientServerRpcTest, is
failing.  The setUp()/tearDown() combination are called around each
test invocation, meaning the a WebServer instance attempts to bind to
the same TCP listener port twice.  I attempted rejiggering this
scaffolding code in my working copy, but either didn't get it right or
hit a bug in the WebServer class.  I would like to see this resolved
before any sort of release.  Also, there is a Base64 issue which needs
looking into.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Release >1.1

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: Release >1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 20:13, Daniel Rall wrote:
> "Turadg Aleahmad" <tu...@aleahmad.net> writes:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > There was a bug in SimpleXmlRpcClient that caused an AccessControlException.
> > It was using the Base64 decoder in sun.misc.  On March 7 "jon" checked
> > revision 1.2 into the CVS that modified it to use Apache decoder.
> >
> > But the latest builds are from March 6.  Can you build a 1.1.1 release and
> > put up the JARs for download?  I'm sure that I'm not the only one running
> > into this problem.
>
> I'll see about doing a 1.2 release in the next couple weeks.  In the
> mean time, CVS compiles just fine using Ant.

Could you get the build to work with maven? I would like to cut the
release using Maven. The b5 should be out Real Soon Now(tm).

> --
>
> Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>
--
jvz.