Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Black, James A." <bl...@ornl.gov> on 2013/12/06 15:47:09 UTC

changing socket calls for ApplicationMaster

Hello,
  I am working on a project to get Hadoop 2 to work on a Cray supercomputer, and for that I need to change it from using TCP/IP sockets to using something else, as sockets run slow on the Cray computers we have.

  So, I am looking at AMRMClientImpl and it seems that that section needs to be changed, but which class is actually used to communicate between the ApplicationMaster and the Containers?  I am looking for the place where the actual socket calls are made so I can change it to a different library.

Thank you.