Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Alvarado <ja...@manduca.com> on 2002/02/25 16:06:52 UTC

Internationalized sites with struts

Hello all:

I am in the process of developing a struts based web site that will need to
have an english and spanish version. Can anyone tell me which are the
features in struts that would allow me to accomplish this. Any sample code
would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Alvarado
Internet Developer -- Manduca Management
(786)552-0504
jalvarado@manduca.com
AOL Instant Messenger: juan2000@aol.com

AW: Internationalized sites with struts

Posted by Oliver Reflé <o....@gmx.de>.
If you want to display localized messages you have to create for each
language an
ApplicationRessources_de.properties
test=Das ist ein Test
ApplicationRessources.properties
test=This is a test

_de here is the locale

Then you can print you text with
<bean:message key="test"/>

Struts then looks into the sesion if there is an Locale Object stored
with key Actions.LOCALE_KEY and takes the correct ressource bundle.

(manually you can get it with
request.getSession().getAttribute(Action.LOCALE_KEY)

Hope that helps