Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Adam AUTUORI <as...@hotmail.fr> on 2015/10/08 11:50:18 UTC

Macro compatibility to Excel

Hello. I want to code an ods macro into OpenOffice to make my work easier at my bakery.

Is the OpenOffice Basic dialect would be compatible to Excel to assure portability to any calc application ? Thanks a lot !!!!

Re: Macro compatibility to Excel

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

> Hello. I want to code an ods macro into OpenOffice to make my work easier
> at my bakery.
>
> Is the OpenOffice Basic dialect would be compatible to Excel to assure
> portability to any calc application ? Thanks a lot !!!!

Well, I think the MS Office Basic dialect is Microsoft's property, so I am
pretty sure that will never happen, unless Microsoft gives it away for free
for some weird reason...

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Macro compatibility to Excel

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
Having started writing a macro, you will get good help from  the user forums
in English at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
and in French at
https://forum.openoffice.org/fr/forum/