Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ericp56 <er...@twcable.com> on 2008/09/17 01:04:31 UTC

JavaMail in an openejb-jar.xml

The web example worked fine, but I can't seem to get it right for an ejb
project.:

The error:
javax.naming.NotContextException: mail/mailSession

parts of openejb-jar.xml
      <dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>javamail</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>

 <ejb:enterprise-beans>
    <ejb:session>
      <ejb:ejb-name>mail/mailSession</ejb:ejb-name>
      <name:resource-ref>
        <name:ref-name>mail/mailSession</name:ref-name>
        <name:resource-link>mail/mailSession</name:resource-link>
      </name:resource-ref>
    </ejb:session>
 </ejb:enterprise-beans>

Any suggestions?

Re: JavaMail in an openejb-jar.xml

Posted by ericp56 <er...@twcable.com>.
The problem was my ejb-jar.xml.

Thanks again,

Eric

Re: JavaMail in an openejb-jar.xml

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Do you have the mail/maiSession resource-ref in the ejb.jar?  If so,
it should work without the resource-ref in openejb-jar.xml, (the
resource-link is to something with the same name).  Without the entry
in ejb-jar.xml (or the equivalent annotation) I don't think it will
work at all.

thanks
david jencks