Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/26 18:33:40 UTC

Where is EXAMPLES variable defined which used in .classpath file

Hi,

I noticed in .classpath I saw some entries with CLASSPATH variable:

        <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/ashwood-2.0.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="var"
path="EXAMPLES/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/hsqldb-1.8.0.1.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/jstl-1.1.2.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="var" path="EXAMPLES/log4j-1.2.14.jar"/>

However when I tried to do grep in the src tree I could not find where
EXAMPLES being set.
I believe it should point to "click/examples/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/".

Should these entries be changed to "lib" kind of entries and change EXAMPLES
with "click/examples/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/" like some other entries in the
.classpath file.

I could log Jira for this and attach the patch.

Thanks,

- Henry

Re: Where is EXAMPLES variable defined which used in .classpath file

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.
> You mean the click.pom file? I dont think this file is completed yet.

> I dont think Click project is designed to use maven yet. Please correct
> me if I am wrong.
No, I believe Click is designed to be a very good web framework (for me
it's the best :) ), and not to adapt to the one or the other build
system :).

I believe if a build system can't adapt to the projects, than it's the
problem of the build system, not the other way around :).

With ANT seems to be no problem :), so maybe it's possible to configure
Maven too :).

Joseph.

Re: Where is EXAMPLES variable defined which used in .classpath file

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmidt71@yahoo.com

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Oh yes, sorry I was thinking about something else =P

I agree that we shouldnt checked in the IDE specific files but in this case
I think its ok since it helps developers to just open the existing .project
and .classpath with Eclipse or IntelliJIdea and get up and running.

What I was saying since .classpath is checked in, we need to make sure all
the classpath entries are valid.
I think we could just change the EXAMPLES to
"click/examples/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/"
for now (some classpath entries already using this path).

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmidt71@yahoo.com

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joseph,

So these classpath entries were used for IDE support?

I think for JSTL tomcat 5 does not include it in the default package.

- Henry

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.