Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julián Cáceres <jc...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 23:22:15 UTC

i can't populate the repository with the standalone server

Sorry for my english, I'm spanish.
I have execute the standalone server, an i have tried to populate de repository. When I press de "populate" button, i see a window with two progress bar, but nothing happens. The web page doesn't do anything. I have tried with different types and number of documents. I don't Know what to do.
Thanks to someone who can help me.

Re: i can't populate the repository with the standalone server

Posted by Christoph Läubrich <la...@googlemail.com>.
I can confirm this problem, but havent investigated any further...

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi julián

i had a quick look: the populate.jsp is totally broken.
1) the code still relies on a dummy security setup that would
    allow any kind of credentials to write to the repo... that
    has changed ages ago.
2) i can confirm that changing the populate.jsp to use valid credentials
    doesn't work.

for the time being i would like to suggest that you use the default
webdav access to the repository in order to populate it with files
and folders: http://localhost:8080/repository/default/

i quickly tried it out on my jackrabbit trunk installation and managed
to populate the repository with some content.

if you want know about the actual items created by the webdav server,
you may want to try using the jcr-remoting... there is some basic info
present in the standalone webapp.
for example if you have a node at /test the json serialization of that
node and possible subnodes (2 levels deep) can be viewed at
http://localhost:8080/server/default/jcr:root/test.2.json

sorry for the trouble!
angela

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.