Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Oliver Ferschke <ol...@mmodal.com> on 2016/11/23 18:24:11 UTC

XmiCasSerializer omits namespace prefixes in XML elements

Hi all,
I'm experiencing some odd behavior of the XmiCasSerializer (UIMA 2.9.0).
When I pass a CAS to the static "serialize(CAS aCAS, java.io.OutputStream aStream)" method within our runtime environment, it produces an XMI with XML-Elements without namespace prefixes,
e.g.
<SectionAnnotation id="124" sofa="17" begin="0" end="200" hidden="false" ......
instead of
<cda:SectionAnnotation xmi:id="124" sofa="17" begin="0" end="200" hidden="false"

This also happens if I use the non-static methods.
In a minimal example that doesn't use our pipeline deployment environment, this does not happen.
It seems like there is something in the classpath that changes the behavior of the serializer but I haven't been able to pinpoint what this could be.

Has anyone ever experienced a behavior like this or knows what else I could look into?

Thanks a lot.
Oliver

Re: XmiCasSerializer omits namespace prefixes in XML elements

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
I've also seen what appear to be namespace problems with Saxon8 ...
investigating.  I haven't tried older UIMAs.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
see for instance, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5177