Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com> on 2016/04/26 21:19:20 UTC

Running gridgain yardstick

Hi,

I wanna how more about the GridGain Yardstick. I tried running it, but since
I'm on a windows environment, I could not find the benchmark-run-all.bat
script in the bin folder.

Could you tell me where I could find it?

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

It creates the 'libs' folder. And I got imported the above project also that
you mentioned, but it's still showing the same result! :(
Also, to let you know, I'm using cygwin on a windows platform to run the
script, could that be any reason for it to not run?

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just tried the same and it works for me. Maven should create the 'libs'
folder that contains all required JARs. Can you check that the missing
classes are there or not?

Also not that you're using a legacy repo. Here is the correct one:
https://github.com/apacheignite/yardstick-ignite

-Val

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com>.
I imported the https://github.com/gridgain/yardstick-gridgain project to
eclipse, ran mvn package for the pom.xml, and then did
bin/benchmark-run-all.sh config/benchmark.properties. And then the above
result comes.

Could you tell me why this is happening and how to get it to work??

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

How do you build the project?

-Val

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

When I do bin/benchmark-run-all.sh config/benchmark.properties, I get the
following but I'm still unable to run the benchmarks. My ssh is open.

<10:33:37><yardstick> Starting server config '...2 -sn EchoServer -dn
EchoBenchmark -ds EchoServer-2-threads' on localhost with id=0
Password:debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
[...]

<10:34:07><yardstick> Starting server config '...2 -sn EchoServer -dn
EchoBenchmark -ds EchoServer-2-threads' on localhost with id=1
Password:debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE

Password:debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE

<10:34:28><yardstick> Starting driver config '... -sn EchoServer -dn
[...]

ERROR: Driver process has not started on localhost during 10.0 seconds.
Type "--help" for usage.
<10:34:53><yardstick> Driver is started on localhost with id=0
Password:debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE
debug3: Received SSH2_MSG_IGNORE

<10:35:00><yardstick> Driver is stopped on localhost
<10:35:00><yardstick> Starting driver config '... -sn EchoServer -dn
EchoBenchmark -ds EchoServer-4-threads' on localhost with id=0
[...]

<10:35:31><yardstick> Driver is started on localhost with id=0
Connection closed by ::1
<10:40:24><yardstick> Driver is stopped on localhost

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Yardstick is designed to run benchmarks in distributed environments. Server
hosts, driver hosts and benchmark run configurations are provided in a
configuration file (see [1] for example). You can then run
benchmark-run-all.sh and provide this file, everything will happen
automatically. All participating hosts including local should allow SSH
access, it's used to start the required processes.

[1]
https://github.com/apacheignite/yardstick-ignite/blob/master/config/benchmark.properties

-Val

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com>.
Ok got it. So, say, I want to run the IgnitePutGetBenchmark.java to test the
Ignite PutGet, so how do I run it??

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Here is the implementation for Ignite which you can use as a reference:
https://github.com/apacheignite/yardstick-ignite. It has IgniteNode class
which is en implementation of BenchmarkServer and a set of benchmarks, each
of them implements BenchmarkDriver.

I just meant that you only need to implement these two classes to test some
product or API, Yardstick will do everything else.

-Val

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by akritibahal91 <ak...@outlook.com>.
Could you explain a bit more? I'm still confused as to what do you mean by
different implementations? Is there some example of performance testing that
I can look into?

Re: Running gridgain yardstick

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, this is possible. There are two main interfaces: BenchmarkServer and
BenchmarkDriver. First one is optional and can be used to start remote
servers. Driver is the test itself. It will be called by Yardstick in a loop
and measured. So to test two different technologies you should provide two
different implementations of these classes.

-Val