Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by 李玉珏 <18...@163.com> on 2016/01/18 03:31:33 UTC

About IgniteAtomicReference

Hi:

About IgniteAtomicReference, I think the function in the existing
distributed ID generator advantage is very obvious, if converted to
hexadecimal, can do a very short。

I would like to ask, is there a particular description about the
performance? Did the benchmark test on a specific hardware?

Re: Re: About IgniteAtomicSequence

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:59 PM, 李玉珏 <18...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I in a very old machine simple to do the test, if open reserv mechanism,
> the ID generation speed can reach 50K/s. If turn off reserv mechanism,
> the performance will be dropped to 13K/s, performance degradation is
> very obvious, but off reserv will enable ID increase linearly with
> time, this aspect of the advantages and disadvantages can allow
> developers to choose their own.

The whole premise behind IgniteAtomicSequence is the reserve range,
however, you are right, the IDs will be unique, but will not increase
linearly.

If you turn off the reserve range, then IgniteAtomicSequence will not be
any different from IgniteAtomicLong, and every increment will entail a
network trip to update primary and backup copies.

> In addition, the performance of IgniteAtomicSequence may related to the
> performance of cache nodes, therefore,AtomicConfiguration, whether it is
> necessary to add an attribute, similar nodeFilter such, let developers
> control a distributed datastructure cache deployed on the nodes with
> high performance.

This is a good point. Do you mind creating a Jira ticket for it?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Hi:

Oh, sorry, wrong title.

在 16/1/19 16:50, Dmitriy Setrakyan 写道:
> Yujue Li, what exactly would you like to benchmark? Is it the
> IgniteAtomicSequence or IgniteAtomicReference? Also, benchmarks are better
> viewed in comparison to something else. Is there something else in
> particular you would like to compare these data structures to?
>
> D.
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 7:31 PM, 李玉珏 <18...@163.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> About IgniteAtomicReference, I think the function in the existing
>> distributed ID generator advantage is very obvious, if converted to
>> hexadecimal, can do a very short。
>>
>> I would like to ask, is there a particular description about the
>> performance? Did the benchmark test on a specific hardware?

Re: About IgniteAtomicReference

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Hi:

I am concerned about the IgniteAtomicSequence, which function is
distributed ID generator, so the performance is very important. I don't
think IgniteAtomicReference has a performance problem.

The solution of the distributed ID generator is very much, the technical
route is different, applicable scene is also different, the simple
comparison of performance is not significant.

I think to refer to the developers, the official gives a specific
hardware performance data can be, the remaining let developers
themselves to make a choice, such as: 4*core 2.4GHz, 16g memory,no
reserve, every second can generate 10000 ID.

In addition, the performance of IgniteAtomicSequence may related to the
performance of cache nodes, therefore, AtomicConfiguration, whether it
is necessary to add an attribute, similar nodeFilter such, let
developers control a distributed datastructure cache deployed on the
nodes with high performance.

Thanks!

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.