Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Daniel J. D'Cotta" <da...@gridnode.com> on 2002/07/12 04:44:12 UTC

RE: FormFile/DiskFile and form validation/redisplay during file upload

Charles,

>Also, it does not appear that the original filename is guaranteed to be
supplied either

FormFile has a method getFileName() which returns you the filename (without
any path). Trying to obtain the client's path is not possible from an <input
type="file/> tag; because this could lead to hacking, etc.

Regards,
Daniel