Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2010/03/30 15:14:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Hi,

The last version of Apache Directory Studio (1.5.2) has been released more than 3 months ago in december 2009.

Since then, several major (and minor) bugs were found and fixed.

We've now reach a stage where we think a release of version 1.5.3 can be proposed.

Here are the complete release notes from JIRA:

Bug
  * [DIRSTUDIO-424] - Canceling a search gives an error sometimes
  * [DIRSTUDIO-585] - Do not modify the current thread's ClassLoader; or reset it afterwards
  * [DIRSTUDIO-608] - Non-translated string in the French version of the "Export Connections" wizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-609] - Studio "hangs" when performing large search that is to be displayed
  * [DIRSTUDIO-610] - Unable to export to "My Documents"
  * [DIRSTUDIO-611] - Unable to add a third party Entry Editor
  * [DIRSTUDIO-613] - Certificate with empty common name (cn) appears almost hidden in the preference page table view
  * [DIRSTUDIO-614] - The 'Installed JREs' preference page is no longer displayed in Apache Directory Studio's preferences
  * [DIRSTUDIO-615] - Various typos in the french translation
  * [DIRSTUDIO-616] - Entry Editor Manager does not ensure that the entry's attributes are initialized (loaded) before testing and opening editors
  * [DIRSTUDIO-617] - Tabular and LDIF Entry Single-Tab Editors should warn the user when modifications are pending (auto-save disabled) and their input is changed
  * [DIRSTUDIO-623] - NPE in the ModificationLogsViewUniversalListener under rare circumstances when selecting a connection
  * [DIRSTUDIO-624] - NPE in the SearchLogsViewUniversalListener.java under rare circumstances when selecting a connection
  * [DIRSTUDIO-627] - Can't open a relatively big LDIF file
  * [DIRSTUDIO-629] - Entry editor tab is activated when executing a search
  * [DIRSTUDIO-632] - Endless event loop
  * [DIRSTUDIO-637] - copy/paste of attributes no longer works
  * [DIRSTUDIO-639] - Exception when navigation history contains bookmarks of an deleted connection
  * [DIRSTUDIO-642] - ADS does not remember the certificate if two certificates are used for the same server
  * [DIRSTUDIO-643] - Missing modules when importing into Eclipse as existing project
Improvement
  * [DIRSTUDIO-612] - The 'Properties' item in the context menu of the default Entry Editor should be enabled and linked to the entry properties when no particular attribute is selected in the table
  * [DIRSTUDIO-618] - The icon of the entry in the 'Outline' view for the LDIF Entry Editor should be the same as the one in the 'LDAP Browser' view
  * [DIRSTUDIO-619] - Outline view for the LDIF Entry Editor should display by default the nodes underneath the entry
  * [DIRSTUDIO-625] - Add Connection Context in the LDAP Browser Window
  * [DIRSTUDIO-633] - Delete all searches context menu
  * [DIRSTUDIO-634] - Add search context menu entry / simplify search
  * [DIRSTUDIO-638] - Improve the way we ask for operational attributes
Task
  * [DIRSTUDIO-635] - Update Eclipse dependencies to version 3.5.2
  * [DIRSTUDIO-636] - Update copyright in spash screen to 2010
  * [DIRSTUDIO-640] - Support for server.xml file of Apache DS version 1.5.6
  * [DIRSTUDIO-641] - Integrate Apache DS version 1.5.6 in the Apache DS plugin

Here's the Jira link for this version if you'd like to review issues in more details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310590&fixfor=12314458

A temporary branch and tag has been created (they can be removed if the vote is not approved):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/release-1.5.3/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.5.3.v20100330/

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this release and all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-002/

I'm currently preparing the final distributions that will be uploaded to the mirrors if this vote is approved.
They're going to be available for testing at this address in a few minutes (time for me to finish and upload them):
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDirectoryStudio-1.5.3.v20100330/

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do *NOT* release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

[VOTE][RESULTS] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi all,

This vote is now closed.

Here are the results:
5 +1 votes:
  - Emmanuel Lécharny
  - Felix Knecht
  - Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
  - Kiran Ayyagari
  - Stefan Seelmann

No ±0 or -1 votes.

I will now promote the artifacts on Nexus and release the distributions and update site on people.apache.org.

I will also update the website and download pages this week-end when everything is available on the mirrors.

Thanks,

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
> [X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/30/10 3:14 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> [X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com