Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Schlaefcke <cs...@wms-network.de> on 2005/05/05 14:07:40 UTC

Release Schedule of maven 2

Hi Folks,

I´m new to maven and went through the readme´s to get a quick overview
of maven.

I found the link to maven 2 projekt and the commendation to use it. I
normally don´t try to use alpha versions of softwaretools but I also
read that maven 2 is bringing big changes and that it is harder to get
into maven 1.

What do you recommend? Is the release of maven 2 comming soon? Is there
a release plan (couldn´t find one on the maven site)?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Chris
<http://dict.leo.org/se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=commendation>

Re: Release Schedule of maven 2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/5/05, Christian Schlaefcke <cs...@wms-network.de> wrote:
> What do you recommend?

I can't recommend any more than what I wrote here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/maven1.html#m1-or-m2

It is alpha software and will change, but we intend to help out early
adopters as much as possible. The second alpha should prove fairly
stable through until the final release, although it will not be
feature complete.

> Is the release of maven 2 comming soon? Is there
> a release plan (couldn´t find one on the maven site)?

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/about.html#release-schedule

There is expected to be another alpha at the end of next week.

We plan to go into beta testing in June, and have a final release early August.

Cheers,
Brett