Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> on 2022/01/04 06:23:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next release: Apache YuniKorn v1.0.0

Now that we have released v0.12.1 we can start looking forward to the
next release. The new release has been created. All jiras that were
targeted but not fixed have been updated to the new release target
[1]. The first couple of jiras have already been marked as fixed in
the new release [2].

The last couple of releases we have been able to turn around in about
3 months. That seems a good time frame again for the next release. We
do have some release pieces to figure out now that we understand the
impact of tagging and what can and cannot be done during the cycles.

For the planning of the content I would like to propose that we at
look at the following large items:
* plugin version of the scheduler
* separate deployment of the admission controller and scheduler to
support upgrades
* deprecate the old REST API and move the web UI to the new layout

Beside that we will have to look at the version of Kubernetes we
support. Moving to a later version will add some smaller items due to
the fact that there are a number of beta objects that have been
removed and or APIs that have graduated.

Smaller items specially around metrics or logging and even bug fixes
will always show up.

I am stepping up as the release manager for this release.
Wilfred

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12348416
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12350818

Re: [DISCUSS] Next release: Apache YuniKorn v1.0.0

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
hi Wilfred

Thank you for setting up the plan.
Thank you for being the release manager!

Posted by Chenya Zhang <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wiflred for initiating the v1.0.0 release!

I have resolved all sub-tasks under the umbrella ticket of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-720. Please let me know for
any questions.

Meanwhile, I'm also interested in learning more about the release process.
I will check with you offline on our v1.0.0 release related tickets to see
if there is any task that I can help with.

Best,
Chenya

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
Mani,