Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 17:22:59 UTC

release preparation: legal issue

Hi All,

I've done some work on xooki to be able to generate the documentation, to
avoid packaging xooki in the distribution. This works pretty fine now, but I
now realize we may have a legal issue. Indeed, the documentation rely on a
small javascript for the menu found here:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm

The problem is that even when the doc is generated we need to package those
scripts if we want to have the same tree view as on the web site. But this
script hasn't a standard OSI approved license, so I think it's a problem to
distribute it, isn't it?

If we really can't distribute it, we can remove it completely (in this case
the menu will be always fully expanded) and I can review the menu generation
in this case to generate only the relevant parts (what is opened by default
when you navigate to the page). I'd prefer keeping the menu, especially if
we later want to use the batch generation instead of in browser generation
for the public website (to improve accessbility and web crawlers
compatibility). Maybe I could make that an option during batch generation...

WDYT?

- Xavier

Re: release preparation: legal issue

Posted by Eric Crahen <er...@gmail.com>.
I think a static option would be great in the long run anyways. Even if you
do eventually find some DHTML thing you like for popup-y menus. Its more of
a personal preference but stuff like that drives me nuts :)

--

- Eric

Re: release preparation: legal issue

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.