Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Wang Fei <py...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 17:30:48 UTC

Re: CS supports elastic features?

I guess the Elastic he means is auto-scale instance based on the load of
instance.

----
best regards

Posted by Mathias Mullins <ma...@citrix.com>.
I think it should be noted that this feature is currently only available
with the NetScaler load balancer. This is not a CS standalone feature if
that is what you are looking for Wang.

Matt

On 4/18/13 12:49 PM, "Geoff Higginbottom"
<ge...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>Hi Wang,
>
>I guess you might be right, and if so then then answer is still yes as
>using the AutoScaling features, CloudStack can create new VMs when the
>CPU, RAM or Bandwidth usage exceeds set parameters, and then destroy
>those VMs when the load drops again - truly elastic
>
>Regards
>
>Geoff Higginbottom
>
>D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>
>geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.