Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1996/05/28 17:35:06 UTC

patch frenzy

Well, some of you obviously didn't take a holiday from Apache
this 'weekend' :-)

Is it worth grabbing a CVS snapshot today, or will it be a few thousand
lines out-of-date before I finish downloading it?. When the dust does
finally settle, can someone please increment the version number.

Looks like we need at least a week of developer testing before a public
beta of this.

rob

Re: patch frenzy

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Tue, 28 May 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Let's up the version # to 1.1b4 and release it tonight or tomorrow,
> depending on the status of the last few patches waiting:

What happened to 1.1b3? The current version we have over on
www.apache.org/ftp.apache.org is 1.1b2, and the CVS version is
currently tagged with "Apache/1.1b3-dev", indicating that it's in
development to be called 1.1b3.

Did I miss something?

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."

Re: patch frenzy

Posted by ra...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca.
> 3) my modification of Configuration.tmpl

How about the following addition to Configuration.tmpl:

# The info module allows you to get a summary of server and
# module configuration directives.  See conf/access.conf for
# enabling instructions

#Module info_module      mod_info.o

And then in access.conf:

# Allow server info reports, with the URL of http://servername/info
#<Location /info>
#SetHandler server-info
#</Location>

And a grammatical fix for Configuration.tmpl:

# Optional authentication modules, which should only be
# uncommented out if you have the neccessary system support.

"uncommented out"?  Could we lose the "out" in this?

-Rasmus

Re: patch frenzy

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 28 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Is it worth grabbing a CVS snapshot today, or will it be a few thousand
> lines out-of-date before I finish downloading it?. When the dust does
> finally settle, can someone please increment the version number.

Let's up the version # to 1.1b4 and release it tonight or tomorrow,
depending on the status of the last few patches waiting:

1) my fix to mod_imap to make Location: absolute instead of relative
   (has anyone else tried this yet?  At least installed it on their
   imap-heavy server and hit it with Mosaic?  I'll be doing this today,
   but a confirmation would be good.)

2) Other cleanups from Randy (?)

3) my modification of Configuration.tmpl

4) Anything Chuck comes up with for mod_proxy before then.  :)

Anything else?

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/