Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 09:29:40 UTC

[Axis2] Duplicate code in Axiom & Axis2

Hi all,
Axis2/modules/kernel/o.a.a.util.Base64 &
Axis2/modules/kernel/o.a.a.util.UUIDGenerator duplicates the same
classes in axiom-api/o.a.axiom.om.util..

We are using the classes in axis2  for databinding, rahas, etc.. Any
reasons for having the duplicate. IMHO we should get rid of the
duplication if there aren't any pressing need..

Worst thing is I'm seeing some improvements or may be bug fixes done
only to the UUIDGen in Axis2.

--
Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/

Re: [Axis2] Duplicate code in Axiom & Axis2

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Am sorry, i somehow got the idea that this was intended for 1.1.1 :)
anyways +1 to get rid of it for 1.2

thanks,
dims

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Thilina:

If 1.1.1 has already been cut, then absolutely +1 to your suggestion
below.  If it HASN'T already been cut, then adding "@deprecated" to the
APIs is a practically zero-effort task which takes about 30 seconds and
affects no code, so I would recommend just doing it now.

--G

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.