Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com> on 2014/08/20 17:48:57 UTC

FSDownload, LocalFileSystem and DistributedCache permissions

Hi,

I am trying to use the DistributedCache and I am running into problems in a
test, when using the LocalFileSystem. FSDownload complains about
permissions like so. This is hadoop 2.4.1 with JDK 6 on Linux.:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Resource file:/path/to/some/file is not
publicly accessable and as such cannot be part of the public cache.
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.copy(FSDownload.java:257)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.access$000(FSDownload.java:60)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload$2.run(FSDownload.java:355)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload$2.run(FSDownload.java:353)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1556)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.call(FSDownload.java:352)
    at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.FSDownload.call(FSDownload.java:59)

I looked into the code and saw that there is an exception being made for
Windows and the LocalFileSystem:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/util/FSDownload.java#L145

I am wondering if this could be elevated to allow it in every case, where
the LocalFileSystem is used and if not, what sort of permissions I have to
set in my test, to make this work.

Thanks!

- André

--