Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/04 17:07:39 UTC

[vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

We have completed our stability testing cycle against r780017 and
addressed all the major issues and regressions found.  There were three
further non-functional (but required for M10) commits on top of that
release culminating in r781724.

I have created a signed source archive for this revision and made it
available at:

  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/m10/

Please vote for declaring that source archive as milestone 10, and
opening up the code for general development once again.

This vote will be open for at least 3 days, or until all binding votes
have been cast (if earlier).

If the vote is successful, binary builds from that level will be made
available on the download page, as usual.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4A...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
>> The first thing I tried after successfully building from source, was
>> java -version.
>>
>> In M9 it prints out:
>>  c:\harmony-jdk-761593\jre\bin>java -version
>>  Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2008 The Apache Software
>> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
>>  java version "1.5.0"
>>  pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
>>  svn = r761593, (Apr  3 2009), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, release build
>>  http://harmony.apache.org
>>
>> but in the M10 candidate it only prints:
>>  c:\apache-harmony-src-r781724\target\hdk\jdk\jre\bin>java -version
>>  java version "1.5.0"
>>  Apache Harmony (1.5.0)
>>  DRLVM (11.2.0)
>>
>> which is a regression IMHO, and so I'm inclined to vote -1 on this
>> release candidate.  Besides the all important copyright statement
>> missing, when we gather JIRAs we ask people to tell us the version they
>> are running and without the specific platform/revision it is useless.
>
> I agree.
>
>> The regression seems to have come in as r763589.
>
> Oliver changed this but he's not around so I'd like to revert this
> commit[0].  Any other committers approve this?

I agree with reverting the change.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4A...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
>> Do you have a windows source archive available for release too?
>> We would normally do both simultaneously.
>
> I've created one and placed it at the same url.  Should we restart
> the vote?  Does anyone object if we don't?

I only fell over it because I went to use the .tar.gz on my windows
machine, and it failed to create the empty directory under
nio/src/main/java/windows which in turn caused a build break.

I'll download the ZIP and test with that on windows, and test the tar on
Linux.

Regards,
Tim

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
+1

--
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 for waiting

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Tim Ellison<t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please can I have a couple of days to look at it?  I just got off the
> plane and need to find a couple of hours to review properly.  If you
> don't hear from my by Monday PM then just go ahead with the votes you've
> got.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> Mark Hindess wrote:
>> We have completed our stability testing cycle against r780017 and
>> addressed all the major issues and regressions found.  There were three
>> further non-functional (but required for M10) commits on top of that
>> release culminating in r781724.
>>
>> I have created a signed source archive for this revision and made it
>> available at:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/m10/
>>
>> Please vote for declaring that source archive as milestone 10, and
>> opening up the code for general development once again.
>>
>> This vote will be open for at least 3 days, or until all binding votes
>> have been cast (if earlier).
>>
>> If the vote is successful, binary builds from that level will be made
>> available on the download page, as usual.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://www.telecom-express.ru/
http://harmony.apache.org/
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4A...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> Please can I have a couple of days to look at it?  I just got off the
> plane and need to find a couple of hours to review properly.  If you
> don't hear from my by Monday PM then just go ahead with the votes you've
> got.

Sure.  (I've had a busier weekend than I was expecting so I could use a
little more time too.)

-Mark.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.
Mark Hindess wrote:
> We have completed our stability testing cycle against r780017 and
> addressed all the major issues and regressions found.  There were three
> further non-functional (but required for M10) commits on top of that
> release culminating in r781724.
>
> I have created a signed source archive for this revision and made it
> available at:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/m10/
>
> Please vote for declaring that source archive as milestone 10, and
> opening up the code for general development once again.
>
> This vote will be open for at least 3 days, or until all binding votes
> have been cast (if earlier).
>
> If the vote is successful, binary builds from that level will be made
> available on the download page, as usual.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

+1

--
Best Regards,
Regis.

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source tar of r781724 as Milestone 10

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Oliver