Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KnightRider <ks...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 14:40:40 UTC

Solr 1.4 - Proximity Search - Where is configuration for storing positions?

I have an index built using Solr 1.4 with one field.
I was able to run proximity search (Ex: word1 within5 word2) but no where in
the configuration I see any information about storing/indexing the positions
or offsets of the terms.

My understanding is that we need to store/index termvectors
positions/offsets for proximity search to work.

Can someone please tell if positions are indexed by default in Solr 1.4?

FYI, Here is the configuration of field in schema.xml
(to keep it simple I am only adding fieldType and field definition from
schema.xml here)

                <fieldtype class="solr.TextField" name="string"
omitNorms="true"
                        sortMissingLast="true">
                        <analyzer type="index">
                                <tokenizer
class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory" />
                                <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"
/>
                                <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                                        enablePositionIncrements="true"
ignoreCase="true" words="stop-words.txt" />
                        </analyzer>
                </fieldtype>

 <field indexed="true" multiValued="false" name="contents" stored="true"
type="string" />

Thanks
-kRider

-----
Thanks
-K'Rider

RE: Solr 1.4 - Proximity Search - Where is configuration for storing positions?

Posted by KnightRider <ks...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Markus.

-----

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi - they are indexed by default but can be omitted since 3.4:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Common_field_options