Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/10/19 09:57:35 UTC

Re: Feedback docs/components/accesscontrol/accesscontrollerresolvers.html

Josh Proctor wrote:
> Hello I was wondering there was any information that would *easily spell
> out exactly* what goes in a Lenya page.  What needs to be at the top,
> where to put other things (where to add the menu bars) and or how to add
> the menu bars.  I have read much of the wiki and the Lenya whole
> document and still have many questions on what Lenya can do and how.  I
> am defiantly a beginner and do not always understand the explanations
> that say then just modify the generate line or that transform line.
> What needs to be replaced and with what.  Basically I am asking if there
> is a beginners document?

This one is good for a start:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html

Due to the fact that Lenya is written using the Cocoon framework,
it is proably very hard (if not impossible) to use Lenya without
deep Cocoon knowledge.

I think it is nearly impossible to write a Lenya introduction document.
If you're familiar Cocoon, you'll certainly have no problems
working with Lenya, if you're not familiar with Cocoon, it will be
very hard in the beginning.

-- Andreas

Re: Feedback docs/components/accesscontrol/accesscontrollerresolvers.html

Posted by daniel Griffith <me...@yahoo.com>.
 --- Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> This one is good for a start:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html

> Due to the fact that Lenya is written using the
> Cocoon framework,
> it is proably very hard (if not impossible) to use
> Lenya without
> deep Cocoon knowledge.

Yup,I "discovered" Lenya about a month ago, and was
pretty excited about using it - but realised pretty
fast I needed to know Cocoon well before I could do
anything worthwhile with Lenya:)

I spent a few days relearning what I'd forgotten about
XML/XSLT and then got a few books on Cocoon. The best
one I have found is:

Coccon Developers Handbook - by Lajos Moczar and
Jeremy Aston

In free time in the last few weeks I have hammered my
way though its tutorials, and I feel confident that a
project I am gonna start at the end of this week can
be done using Lenya...

daniel