Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Riyaz Mansoor <rm...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/20 10:50:28 UTC

struts tags, parameters; please help

hi

my form needs to be populated from a parameter passed into the view jsp.
(eg: url: /table3.jsp?record=5) and the form would displa that record. but i
do not see how the form may recieve that parameter, the form has no access
to the request object? how can the form recieve such a parameter? would i
have to extend the RequestProcessor?

is there a struts tag (or even standard jsp) that just displays a object in
some scope if it exists?

is there a struts tag that will just retieve the required value from a form?
not in a html control but the value only.

please help

riyaz

Re: struts tags, parameters; please help

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Take a look at this tag:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-bean.html#parameter

--