Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jason Rizer <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/04 16:14:24 UTC

xerces backward compatibility

Hello.  I have a question regarding backward
compatibility.  Our product ships with an older
version of xerces.  I think it's 3.0.1.  The class
files are all stamped 3/13/00.  We've begun to test
our product in the new versoin of WebLogic.  It
appears as though they include a jar file - xmlx.jar -
which has much newer versions of many of the xerces
class files.  I've already run into a problem with
setValidating( ), it appears as though the method has
dissapeared.  This problem is easy enough to fix, but
I'm wondering, in general, what people's thoughts are
with respect to xerces backward compatibility.  Am I
likely to run into many such problems?  Thanks in
advance for any thoughts anyone might have!

Blue Skies
-Jason