Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Pavan Kumar <ap...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/07 07:37:28 UTC

running java-lucene on fedora

Hi,
This may seem silly but I have not been able to to figure out what to import
and how to compiler a lucene java program
I have installed lucene by 'yum' on my Fedora 11.
Doing a locate lucene gave:
'/usr/share/java/lucene-2.3.1.jar'
'/usr/share/java/lucene.jar'

I did not get any direct reference on the Internet as well
example codes have org.apache.lucene.* I run pylucene on my computer but I
am new to Java, so please help me by giving an example program that can run
on my machine given these specification.
1_What to import
2_How to compiler {-jar ,etc are they required}
Thank you very much in advance

--
Regards
Pavan Kumar