Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/02/19 17:13:44 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4 Problem - Connection refused

I have two instances of jakarta-tomcat v3.3.2 & 4.0.1.

1)Thus my tomcat 4.0.1 standalone connector listens at TCP port 9999
instead of the default as tomact3.3.2 is set default 8080.
Thus at the URL http://localhost:9999 when i try it out in my browser i
get a error alert " The connection was refused when attempting to
contact localhost:9999.

2)The three jsse jar's are in my <jdk>jre/lib/ext and my JSSE_HOME
environment variable points to my ABSOLUTE PATH <jdk> in Autoexec.bat.
<JSSE_HOME=C:\jdk1.3\jre\jsse1.0.2>

3)Thus i beleive that tomcat4.0.1 isn't installed properly.I have only
one instance of CATALINA_HOME.

Any suggestions on what can be the problem.

Chuck Amadi
IT Systems Programmer

Re: Tomcat 4 Problem - Connection refused

Posted by Eelco den Heijer <ee...@objectivation.com>.
Hi Chuck,

"Connection refused" basically means: there is nothing on
that port listening , so my guess is that TC 4.0.1 is not
running (or at least, it not listening on port 9999)

Try running TC4 without TC3.3, see if you connect to TC4 then.

Eelco