Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2004/02/10 23:47:17 UTC

FetchPop Domain Question

I may be missing something on FetchPop.  But I believe instructions said
that I needed to add the domain name that the mail is being fetched from
to the list of domains hosted by James.  Fine.   I added austin.rr.com
to my list of domains, and I can successfully fetch mail from
<ma...@austin.rr.com> abcxyz123@austin.rr.com.  But now, when
I send mail to anybody else at austin.rr.com (using my server as my
outbound mail SMTP server), James now thinks he owns austin.rr.com, and
bounces the mail saying the user doesn't exist.

What am I missing?  Can I only reliably do FetchPop from a domain I
never expect to try to send other mail to?

Sorry if this is obvious.  I'm confused.

Thanks.

Jerry