Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Stephen Samuel (Sam)" <sa...@sksamuel.com> on 2013/05/31 23:23:02 UTC

Scala

Is there any interest in extending Velocity (separate dependency perhaps)
to support standard Scala types such as Option and Scala collections ?

Re: Scala

Posted by Sergiu Dumitriu <se...@gmail.com>.
I see.

Well, I doubt that it would make sense to add to the core of Velocity
support for these types, since it would imply adding a runtime
dependency for Scala.

However, most of these look like things that could be accomplished using
a custom uberspector, and since Velocity is becoming more modular with
the transition to Maven, it would be possible to include a special
submodule for better Scala support, which could then be used by anybody
working with Scala.

Re: Scala

Posted by "Stephen Samuel (Sam)" <sa...@sksamuel.com>.

Re: Scala