Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com> on 2006/06/19 19:03:19 UTC

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

When running ActiveMQ in embedded mode ( i have spring set up the
connectionFactory etc) how do i configure the message size limit? Apparently
the message i am trying to send currently is too big and i get this
exception when i send my message:
0060619|095009307|13|INFO|javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message
payload
	at org.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1395)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:426)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:337)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQTopicPublisher.publish(ActiveMQTopicPublisher.java:129)

I am using ActiveMQ 3.2.2

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Could you post a stack trace?

On 6/22/06, malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com> wrote:

> damn didnt work.  Tried swtiching to a textMessage and calling setText() with
> my long string value and get this....
> dammit
> javax.jms.JMSException: asyncSend failed: java.io.UTFDataFormatException:
> encoded string too long

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com>.
thanks! ill try out the streaming since it sounds the most performant

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I have had quite a bit of luck using ActiveMQ streams.  We are currently
streaming very large files over JMS and ActiveMQ automatically breaks these
down into digestable 64k messages which can be reassembled on the other side
of the queue.  Perhaps that could help... I tried send large messages using
text messages but we brought down our development machines due to the memory
required to send as a single message.

-Yogesh

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I've encountered this previously, and in my case the exception is caused
by sending a large string data as a property of a MapMessage or as an
ObjectMessage. When AMQ serializes these data, it uses
DataOutputStream.writeUTF which is limited to 65535 characters only. To
send really large text data, I'd recommend using TextMessage which can
handle GB of characters. Though I don't know if this is the case for you. :)

Regards,
Adrian Co

Posted by malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com>.
no suggestions?

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com>.
No i havnt tried 4.0 yet.. but i thought this was something that is
configurable anyways right? Isnt the size of your message limited to
something by default? There isnt anything more to show on the stack trace
further down since it just goes into my own code calling publish... any
suggestiongs?

Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message payload

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Is there any more stack trace than that? Can you reproduce this issue with 4.0?

On 6/19/06, malukalu <pr...@cerebra.com> wrote:

> When running ActiveMQ in embedded mode ( i have spring set up the
> connectionFactory etc) how do i configure the message size limit? Apparently
> the message i am trying to send currently is too big and i get this
> exception when i send my message:
> 0060619|095009307|13|INFO|javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to compress message
> payload
>         at org.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1395)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:426)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:337)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQTopicPublisher.publish(ActiveMQTopicPublisher.java:129)
>
> I am using ActiveMQ 3.2.2

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/