Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rick Brice <Ri...@comcast.net> on 2003/12/05 19:27:15 UTC

Remote access to Windows hosted subversion repository

I seem to recall in all my reading about subversion that the only way to
allow remote access to a Windows hosted subversion repository is to use
the Apache option. svnserve isn't supported in Windows.

Is this correct? I can't seem to find this specific information now that
I need to reference it.

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Remote access to Windows hosted subversion repository

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 11:27, Rick Brice wrote:
> I seem to recall in all my reading about subversion that the only way to
> allow remote access to a Windows hosted subversion repository is to use
> the Apache option. svnserve isn't supported in Windows.
>
> Is this correct? I can't seem to find this specific information now that
> I need to reference it.

That's not correct at all.  svnserve works fine on windows.  Read about
it in chatper 5 the book (even though the book is a bit out-of-date), or
better yet, run 'man svnserve' on a unix machine.