Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Cheung <mc...@hotmail.com> on 2018/02/25 18:31:50 UTC

Netbeans quick outline plugin

http://peter.quantr.hk/2018/02/netbeans-quick-outline/

Re: Netbeans quick outline plugin

Posted by Peter Cheung <mc...@hotmail.com>.
Does it looks better than eclipse now?

http://peter.quantr.hk/2018/02/netbeans-qucik-outline-design-ii/

Thanks
From Peter

________________________________
From: Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:30 PM
To: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Netbeans quick outline plugin

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 at 09:50 Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net> wrote:

> ... this was only possible to add the plugin as a friend which is only a
> Workaround.

There was a discussion on a PR recently about stopping using friend
relationships for "unstable" API's in favour of another approach -
something that would be good not to let slide IMO.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Neil C Smith<http://www.neilcsmith.net/>
www.neilcsmith.net
Neil C Smith, Artist & Technologist ... Contact. neil@neilcsmith.net; neilcsmith_net; neilcsmith-net © Neil C Smith

Praxis LIVE - hybrid visual IDE for creative coding - www.praxislive.org<http://www.praxislive.org>

Re: Netbeans quick outline plugin

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

AW: Netbeans quick outline plugin

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
The Thing is, that you can extends the Java Editor to add new Hints for example, this is not possible for JS, HTML, CSS or PHP, because it is not open to extend those stuff. As you can see a plugin from NetBeans to adding KendoUI, this was only possible to add the plugin as a friend which is only a Workaround. Now it is not a friend anymore, so you can’t Access some JS stuff like JSTokens or SQLTokens or PHPTokens to work with that. Those Tokens are used for adding embedding languages to another language like SQL or HTML into JS Code which is not possible (AFAIK) with 3rd Party Plugins.

Cheers

Chris
Posted by Peter Cheung <mc...@hotmail.com>.
  1.  Let me try out the javascript grammar in the coming few days https://github.com/antlr/grammars-v4/tree/master/javascript
  2.  Why netbeans just let everyone to access every api/class/functions ?

Thanks
From Peter