Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/15 15:49:43 UTC

Build questions

I just set up a new machine with the UIMA build and tried to follow the
instructions on our website.  Here are a couple of things I
noticed/don't understand.

- When setting up the build for Eclipse, the M2_REPO variable needs to
be set up manually.  Is this correct?  If so, this is missing from the
instructions, and I'll be happy to add the information.

- After running mvn install, I have some files in my workspace that are
not in svn, or no longer in sync: uimaj-core/Sofa.xcas has (whitespace)
changes.  What's the purpose of that file?  uimaj-cpe/checkpoint.dat is
not in svn.  Should we set svn:ignore?  What are the
checkpoint_synchPoint.xml[.prev] used for?

--Thilo

Re: Build questions

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> On 11/15/06, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> - When setting up the build for Eclipse, the M2_REPO variable needs to
>> be set up manually.  Is this correct?  If so, this is missing from the
>> instructions, and I'll be happy to add the information.
>
> The M2_REPO variable should be created by this step in the instructions:
> mvn -Declipse.workspace=<eclipse workspace dir> eclipse:add-maven-repo
> (you might need to restart eclipse, however; I'm not sure).

Doh, my fault.  I left out that step.

>> - After running mvn install, I have some files in my workspace that are
>> not in svn, or no longer in sync: uimaj-core/Sofa.xcas has (whitespace)
>> changes.  What's the purpose of that file?  uimaj-cpe/checkpoint.dat is
>> not in svn.  Should we set svn:ignore?  What are the
>> checkpoint_synchPoint.xml[.prev] used for?
>
> Hmmm... I thought I added those checkpoint files to svn:ignore
> already.  These files are created and/or used by the unit tests.  If
> they're created by the unit tests, the unit tests should delete them
> afterwards.  I tried to add them to svn:ignore since I was too lazy to
> fix the tests.   I'm not sure if Sofa.xcas is created by the unit
> tests or if it needs to preexist - if it needs to preexist then it
> should get moved out of the root directory.

So I added svn:ignore to checkpoint.dat, and fixed he Sofa.xcas issue
with Jira ticket UIMA-27.

Re: Build questions

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.