Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vyacheslav Zholudev <vy...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/16 20:37:39 UTC

Map output records/reducer input records mismatch

Hi,

I'm having multiple hadoop jobs that use the avro mapred API.
Only in one of the jobs I have a visible mismatch between a number of map output records and reducer input records.

Does anybody encountered such a behavior? Can anybody think of possible explanations of this phenomenon?

Any pointers/thoughts are highly appreciated!

Best,
Vyacheslav

Re: Map output records/reducer input records mismatch

Posted by Vyacheslav Zholudev <vy...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Anthony,

I'm looking at the reduce input records and map output records.

No, I don't run a combiner (sorry, I've forgotten to mention)

Vyacheslav

Posted by Anthony Urso <an...@cs.ucla.edu>.